Every time you give birth to a child, whether it’s your first, second, or third, you’ll feel different from your pre- to post-pregnancy self. You have just given birth to a person, after all! It will be suggested that you merely relax and look after yourself, but if you want to start moving, return to work, establish a schedule, and begin working out. You can begin working whenever you feel ready if your pregnancy and delivery were both eventful. You shall also consult with the best gynecologist in Ahmedabad for further assistance.
Speak with the top gynecologist in Ahmedabad to find out when it is safe to resume exercising if you underwent a cesarean section, have diastasis recti, or have serious vaginal tears. It can take a few weeks before you can resume your workout routine. Rest, recuperate, and unwind till then.
Upper Body Workouts:
- Single-Arm rows: This workout will help you build upper body strength. Additionally, a dumbbell or resistance band may be used. When using a cable or bandstand, maintain your shoulders square. If you are using a dumbbell, make sure it weighs between 0.5 and 2 kg. Pull back while holding onto the weight while engaging your core, making sure your elbow is at a 90-degree angle. To build up your upper back strength, repeat these steps. Do ask a gynecologist in Ahmedabad before lifting dumbbells.
- Plank: For ladies who have had c-sections, the wall plank is an excellent workout. Maintain a 2-foot distance between your feet and the wall. In a plank posture, lean back against the wall with your forearms at your sides. Place the sideboard on the wall by slowly moving your body outward while pushing your shoulder back.
- Swiss ball bird dog holds: Since you may experience back discomfort after childbirth, this exercise might help you get relief. Additionally, it aids with posture and stability. To complete this workout, you’ll need stability or an exercise ball. Make sure your torso completely encircles the ball as you lay down on top of it. Your palms should be on the floor, and your toes should be touching it. Your body should be in a straight line. Lift your left foot now while simultaneously extending your right arm towards the floor while gazing down. Hold for one to two seconds, then do it again.
Also read: All You Should Know About Signs Of Labor Shares The Top Gynecologist Doctor In Ahmedabad
- Exercises of the Pelvic Floor (Kegels): It’s likely that your body already understands how to do a Kegel. The muscles in the pelvic floor are strengthened by performing this exercise. Pelvic floor muscles should be contracted; hold for 10 seconds; and then repeat.
- Diaphragmatic breathing: You can do this practice as soon as a few days after giving birth. It enhances breathing control and strengthens core stability. Relax your body by lying down on a yoga mat, letting go of tension from your toes to your crown, placing a hand on your chest and another on your stomach, and inhaling deeply through your nose. Your stomach will grow while your chest should mostly stay static. Breathe in for two to three seconds, then gently exhale. Consult a top gynecologist in Ahmedabad to know more about diaphragmatic breathing.
- Dead bugs: Assume the head posture and extend your arms and legs straight up in the air. After exhaling, drop your left arm and left leg, then elevate them both once again. Continue to the right. Your back, spine, and core muscles may all be strengthened and stabilized by performing this exercise.
Lower Body Workouts:
- Squats: By performing squats, you may strengthen your legs and lower back. Start by standing with your feet shoulder- or hip-width apart. The body should be erect, the legs bent, and the hips softly retracted. If you need to steady yourself, raise your head and extend your arms. Set your knees slightly bent when you stand back up. Ensure to consult the top gynecologist in Ahmedabad before performing squats.
- Lunges: Standing with your legs slightly apart, do forward lunges. When the front knee is at a 90-degree angle, bend forward and down. As you walk, bend, and return to the beginning position, keep your torso straight and tighten your abdominal muscles.
- Bridges: On your back, with your knees bent and your feet flat on the floor, perform glute bridges. Draw a straight line from your knees to your upper back and shoulders while lifting your hips, keeping your core and glutes tight. Hold your breath before gently coming back to the ground and repeating.
You may also attempt the cat-cow stretch, the Swiss ball glute bridge, planks, side plank leg lifts, etc. in addition to these exercises. Get in touch with the top gynecologist in Ahmedabad, if you have any questions about the post-delivery time.